MeetingsMeetings of the Beer Board are held at 5 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month in the Municipal Annex building located at 104 8th St Bristol, TN. 37620
Agendas are provided prior to the meeting, minutes are available following approval.
Agendas & Minutes
All Agendas and minutes
The Beer Board is a 5 member body appointed by the City Council.
Chapter 6, Article III establishes the board and its duties pursuant to TCA 57-5-106(a). Members of the board shall in no way be connected with the sale, storage, distribution or manufacture of beer. All members are required to be city residents at time of appointment and maintain city residency during the entire term of office.
The duty of the board is to regulate, supervise and control the issuance, suspension and revocation of permits to sell, store, distribute, dispense, serve and/or manufacture beer and other beverages of like alcoholic content not in excess of 8% by weight in the City of Bristol.
- The Beer Board operates under state statute and must follow the guidelines and requirements established under state law
- The State of Tennessee is responsible for liquor-by-the-drink licensing
- The Police Department and City Attorney assist the board in its deliberations
- Download the application to obtain a Permit to Sell Beer (PDF)
- You may print the beer permit application from this website. The permit must be submitted, with payment, to the Beer Board Secretary at the Police Department, 801 Anderson St room 103, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- For questions or assistance regarding a permit to sell beer contact Captain Walter Brown by email or call 423-989-5502.