Most City of Bristol, TN offices will be closed Monday, December 24, Tuesday, December 25 and Tuesday, January 1 in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays. Police as well as fire and rescue services for life-threatening or in-progress emergencies may be reached by calling 9-1-1. Non-emergencies or other concerns may be directed to 423-989-5600. Residents are asked to take note of the following changes in other City services and programs.
- Refuse collection will operate on a regular schedule on Monday, December 24.
- Refuse collection scheduled for Tuesday, December 25 will be collected on Wednesday, December 26. Refuse collection will resume on a regular schedule Thursday, December 27.
- Refuse collection scheduled for Tuesday, January 1 will be picked up on Wednesday, January 2.
City Transit Bus, Job Access, and Para-transit
- City Transit Bus, Job Access, or Para-transit will not be running on Monday, December 24 or Tuesday, December 25.
- All services will resume their regular schedules on Wednesday, December 26 after the Christmas holiday.
- On Tuesday, January 1, both the City Transit Busses and Para-transit will be closed with normal schedules resuming on Wednesday, January 2. Job Access will operate on a regular schedule on Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
Residents are encouraged to recycle during the holiday season, as the amounts of trash generated increase. Holiday paper waste, including wrapping paper (non-metallic only), cardboard boxes, and greeting cards may be placed in the recycling bins. Visit http://bristoltn.org/1008/Recycling-Services for locations of recycling bins.
If you should have a service request while offices are closed, please complete an online service request by visiting the City’s website at www.bristoltn.org, click the Request Tracker icon at the top of the page. All requests for City services will be addressed the next business day.
For more information about the City’s holiday schedule and any other services that may be affected, contact Community Relations at 423-764-4171.