A modern, user-friendly website that combines vibrant color images of area attractions with detailed information about the programs and services offered by the City of Bristol, Tennessee is now live at www.bristoltn.org.
of the City’s new website include a transparency portal that provides residents
with easy access to City records and documents, a spotlight section that
combines the latest City news, and a calendar of events that provides details
about upcoming events throughout the region. The content is set against a
backdrop of colorful pictures that highlight the City’s scenic beauty and local
attractions, stamped with the Bristol, Tennessee brand logo that declares
“Bristol is Home.”
primary goal was to showcase the many reasons Bristol is a good place to live in
a format that makes it easy for City residents and visitors to find the
information they need,” said Community Relations Director Terrie Talbert. “We
also took special care to include tools that allow community members to engage
with us by submitting ideas, offering input, and asking questions.”
Coordinator Jaima Helbert of the Office of Community Relations worked
cooperatively with Network Administrator Robert Lucas of the Information
Technology Division to manage the web redesign project for the City. They worked closely with CivicPlus, a
Kansas-based company that specializes in technology for local government, and
gathered input from employees from throughout the City.
The new site allows users to:
- Download agendas and minutes of Bristol, Tennessee boards and commission and other documents, including the City’s Comprehensive Plan, City ordinances, and electronic newsletters.
- Receive email or text alerts regarding weather emergencies, road closings, special events and more.
- View job descriptions and apply for jobs within the City.
- Request assistance from City departments and submit ideas.
- Get detailed information about upcoming events.
- Pay utility bills, property taxes and citations online.
- Easily contact the City’s elected leaders and staff members through directories that include phone numbers and email addresses.
For those visiting Bristol, the site includes photos and information about community attractions, including
Bristol Motor Speedway, the Birthplace of Country Music Museum, Historic Downtown Bristol, Paramount Center for the Arts, Steele Creek Park and Nature Center, and more.