Borderline Billiards and five developing businesses will receive a share of grant funds that were established earlier this year by the Bristol Tennessee Industrial Development Board to fuel business expansion and spruce up commercial properties throughout the city.
“These grant programs were established by the IDB to foster business growth and assist those within our community who have made substantial business investments,” said Economic Development Specialist Matt Garland.
The $10,000 grant to Borderline Billiards was awarded through the IDB’s Existing Business Expansion Grant program. It will allow the business to purchase and install a larger commercial hood needed to expand food service. This grant program was created to provide new equipment, additional interior space, or ADA accommodations that allow the recipient to serve additional customers.
Façade Improvement Grants in the amount of $5,000 have been awarded to five businesses currently under development. Designed to have a positive visual impact on the community, funds allocated through this grant program allow businesses to make masonry repairs, reconstruct or replace historic features, install exterior lighting, complete improvements needed for handicap accessibility, and other projects that improve the exterior features of commercial buildings.
These grants were awarded to:
- Fairmount Estate to replace front and back steps to the building.
- TriSeoul Grill to replace a front entrance door.
- Liberty Tax Service/Pins and Friends to begin the process of installing new doors, windows, signage and masonry repair to the front façade.
- Bristol Bridal Station to update the buildings entryway and install new lighting and signage.
- A new medical facility to replace the walkway, repaint the exterior, repair bricks and install new landscaping.
Each of the businesses are required to provide at least $2,500 in matching funds and complete the project within a year. A committee reviewed the grant applications and presented its recommendations to IDB for final approval.
For additional information, please contact Garland at [email protected] or (423) 989-5516.