A Saturday morning institution will launch its 2022 season on May 7 when the State Street Farmer’s Market returns to Bristol, Tennessee’s Downtown Center, offering seedlings, early season produce, handmade crafts, locally raised meats, and fresh baked goods.
“There’s always great excitement on opening day and we’re especially pleased to make our return to Downtown Center for this year’s Saturday markets,” said Recreation Superintendent Mike Music, who oversees the market. “Our market provides the perfect opportunity to support the local farming community and take home the freshest products available.”
Saturday’s markets were moved to the Municipal Building (City Hall) parking lot in recent years to provide additional space for social distancing, but will return this year to the familiar location at 810 State Street in the heart of Bristol’s downtown. In addition to Saturday markets, which are open from 8 a.m. to noon through October, this location will host Wednesday afternoon markets, from 2 to 6 p.m., beginning July 6.
For those new to the market, Musick suggests:
- Dress for the weather. The market is open, rain or shine.
- Bring cash. Small bills are appreciated and SNAP/EBT cards are also accepted.
- Bring a cooler or insulated shopping bag to keep temperature-sensitive items safe.
- Take time to ask questions and develop relationships with vendors. They’re a great source of information about the items available and can help shoppers plan ahead for fruits, vegetables and other products that will be available later in the season.
- Take pride in the fact that every purchase at the State Street Farmer’s Market is supporting the local economy and the region’s farmers.
For additional information, please follow the State Street Farmer’s Market on Facebook or contact Musick at [email protected] or (423) 764-4026.