The Bristol TN/VA Metropolitan Planning Organization is now accepting questions, comments, and feedback regarding the draft 2023-2026 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) that is designed to guide transportation projects in the region for the next four years.
The draft document is currently available online at www.bristoltn.org/MPO and can be viewed at the following locations:
- City of Bristol, TN City Hall: 801 Anderson Street, Bristol, TN
- City of Bristol, VA City Hall: 300 Lee Street, Bristol, VA
- Town of Abingdon, VA Town Hall: 133 West Main Street, Abingdon, VA
- Sullivan County, TN Courthouse: 3411 Highway 126, Blountville, TN
- Washington County, VA, Government Center Building: 1 Government Center Way, Abingdon, VA
Comment cards are available at each of the locations above. Comments also will be accepted via email at [email protected]. All comments received by Noon on Monday, Nov. 28, 2022, will be incorporated into the final TIP document that will be presented for consideration by the MPO Executive Committee at its 10 a.m. meeting on Thursday, Dec. 16.
The Bristol TN/VA MPO serves the City of Bristol and Sullivan County in Tennessee and the City of Bristol, the Town of Abingdon, and Washington County in Virginia. The MPO works jointly with the Tennessee Department of Transportation, the Virginia Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, and Federal Transit Administration to administer the local transportation planning process.
For additional information about the TIP, please contact the City of Bristol, Tennessee at (423) 989-5519.